Tuesday, February 8, 2011

bonnet

(Greer in her bonnet at 2 days old)
I have always loved a bonnet! I'm not sure if it is because they have been associated with Easter, which is my favorite season of all, but I really adore babies and little girls in bonnets all year round.
I scanned this photo(correct terminology = caps for boys - bonnets for girls) of my two babies 30 years ago


This is Lily Kate at her baptism 2 years ago


and here's Annie styling several of her bonnets (I think she had 5 of them) 4 years ago


Recently, my daughter asked me if I had anything that would be helpful to them in making a costume for Annie for her nursery rhyme day at pre-school. Annie was confident that she should be little Miss Muffett and so I remembered I had this bonnet from 30 years ago that came in real handy that Halloween I dressed Lee as Van Gogh the artist/painter! (I think it is kind of neat that he has the lollipop too and is sitting in my Grandmother's living room-who knew then, that one day lollipops would be MY grandmothering thing!)
Those were the days for us when you made up a costume from what was on hand in the home. They were pretty cute, the little Gypsy and Van Gogh, and brought many smiles to the grandparents and great grandmother's face that Halloween night.


And this is what Little Miss Muffet ended up looking like on her nursery rhyme school day recently. She recited the whole rhyme and I think she was too cute not to share with you! (don't you love her little spider beside her too?)

post signature

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love a bonnet too. My husband swears that bonnets were originally for ugly babies to cover them. Crazy I know!! Every time I put one on Emily Kate he asks, "how could you cover that cute little girl?" I think it make her even cuter!!