Friday, February 18, 2011

Sadler's gift

Sadler has given me so many gifts over the years of our friendship. Her time and talents have been used so much in my life that I can not even begin to write all of it down in words. Her "worldly gifts" have also been greatly appreciated used, and loved. A true friend knows you and loves you in spite of your faults and she always knows what gift would bless me the most too. I would like to say it comes from spending time with each other therefore you KNOW what makes the person tick, tock, and all that.
I told her recently that I needed "a facelift" on my mantle urns. After all, it is the main stage in my home: (she actually arranged them as they appear in these pictures around 10 years ago) She also helped me find the frame (around that painting) in a flea market and we painted it, touched it up and I am proud that it did not cost half of what you think it would have.



Yes, many a show is put on in front of this mantle. Now, back to the reason for this post~!

But the minute I mentioned the urns needing a make over, Sadler came running! We went to several shops to get ideas and then headed to Hobby Lobby and here is what she made with HOBBY LOBBY stems and such!



I LOVE how they turned out!


We have done many a project to learn these things. I love the way she can suggest something for my home decor, my wardrobe, or most importantly my attitudes and I am not offended or feeling inferior. We just have a friendship and understanding that makes for open communication. I take most everything she says knowing she wants the best for me. That, my friends, is a true friendship. I wish you all had a Sadler!

post signature

No comments: