Saturday, February 5, 2011

I believe and love it

Being huge basketball fans, winning or losing, we do enjoy supporting the AU men's team each year. We have also enjoyed a few women's games too but we would be living at the new arena if we went to all of them and I am sort of a home body when it comes to winter time anyway. We were just a tad bit sad to say goodbye to the Coliseum last winter but now we are adjusting to the nice new arena and feeling it a bit more like home. It has its perks and I have noticed many more peoples coming just to get a birds eye view of the new establishment. We were given some sweet scholarship tickets to the Gymnastics Event this Friday night( thanks Plumb family) and it was a treat to sit in their seats down on the floor watching all the gymnastics up close and personal. I tend to cringe when someone misses their footing or drops accidentally from the bars so I was not quite sure how much I would really enjoy of gymnastics. I was pleasantly surprised at how fun the evening was to be a part of this sport.

It WAS raining cats and dogs that night so we mustered up our warmest most weather proof Auburn clothes and braved the evening out. One thing about AU I love anyway is you can wear ANYTHING orange and blue, you can tuck your shirts in or out, you can wear old sweat pants, all orange or all blue or a combo and you are ALL IN and ALL FAMILY! I did not know these people surrounding us last night but I was smiling at them and amused by the enthusiasm. And this is just my opinion but it does not have to be football around here, just people and a common link to a place we all love.
Everyone loves the Chik Fil A cow and he is making huge points in dropping cow parachute toys from the top of the arena all during the games and events!
Our dearly loved AUBIE is always there and kids just pant to touch him or play with him! Heck, I would not mind sitting in his lap, either :)
The floor events performed were great and I never once thought about food, home or checked a phone for a text or message! It was that entertaining.
Of course, our seats were fantastic and we had an advantage seeing everything performed right in front of us. I think a few of our grandchildren would really enjoy coming next time with us!

Who knows, you might see Mr. Penny there and get to see him do push ups. He is one Huge Auburn fan! He and I believe in Auburn and love it!

post signature

No comments: