Friday, February 25, 2011

gingham

About 2 years ago I bought this baby blue gingham at a cloth barn on one of my jaunts to visit friends at the lake. I had in mind to use it for baby Knox who was not yet born at the time.
As I often do, I forget about the fabric once it is stuck away in my sewing cabinet and get distracted with my many other busy bee projects.
I was determined to make it into an outfit by Valentines this year and I accomplished my goal, even after keeping Knox a week here and there before Feb 14th!
I was extra excited that it fit him well because it is not easy to fit a little one when they are not around to try it on as you are sewing.

Then, after finishing his longall, I realized I had enough material left to make baby Greer a simple daygown and bonnet with the leftovers.





I even had enough to make a little slip to go under the daygown(the material was rather sheer)

when I completed the bonnet, I thought it looked too much like a "boy cap". I took it to church with me that Sunday morning and went to the nursery area and tried it on a little baby girl who was just about Greer's size.
Came home after church, and added a ruffle (after ripping out a few seams). (for you sewers I enjoyed using the OLD FASHIONED BABY daygown pattern on this project)
To me, that was what it needed, and I sighed a relief.
Can't wait to see her in it. I just mailed it to her this week. Stay tuned for a future picture of my 2 youngest little loves in gingham.

Funny thing is, just 5 minutes after I posted this, I received these precious pictures of baby Greer from my daughter in law who gets major hugs for being so diligent about sending Lolli new pictures!



and her mama says she dislikes bonnets something awful! This may be the last bonnet for baby Greer. I do not want to be on her bad side :)

post signature

No comments: