Sunday, February 13, 2011

our unexpected week



NOTE to self:
writing within hours on your blog after your 18 month old grandson leaves may not be the smartest thing to do. Because I am rather emotional now. Yes there were tears as they drove out of the driveway today while traces of cheerios and goldfish were waiting on me as well as smudges on mirrors and various toys hidden under bottoms of the furniture and bibs that needed shout it out from the pink antibiotic stains. To be able to have two visits within a month is a rare thing for me with this adorable little red headed boy. We are now bonded like glue to paper more than ever. It is one thing to come and play with Lolli a few days but to come and be nurtured while sick with RSV and an ear infection is another.

It was absolutely the best scenario for my son's family to have Knox be away from his newborn sister (who has not had her shots yet) and to be at our house these last 5 days. My availability is something I continue to give BIG thanks to the Lord for. Not all grandparents can do it and I know it grieves so many who would like to be in our position. With our retirement and good health and proximity, all I can say is thank you God for these gifts in this stage of my life.

It was extra special for me to have both Knox AND Lee visit despite the circumstances. I was able to spend a little time at nights and this weekend with my son and precious baby Greer was protected from getting the possibility of getting RSV from her brother.

The days we spent inside were not easy for this little guy is not one to sit still and read in your lap even though he did it a few times!



When I found these pjs for him several weeks ago that have the little velcro cape, I had them put aside for a few more months to give him.
Well, I could not resist trying them on and the size 3 fit pretty good with a roll up of the hem so I went ahead and sent them home with "Captain Adorable"!
I think he may be getting a footstool at his house soon too. We must have stepped up a million times to brush our teeth (really just hold the toothbrush under the cold water :) It made for some good exercise everyday for both him and me!
Goodness, I miss " my captain" tonight but I am soooo happy he is well enough to go home and be with his mama who needs his love and needs to give him her love and for their family of 4 to be together. I am so blessed and honored that she trusts me to keep him when he is sick.

post signature

No comments: