Monday, May 24, 2010

Arts and Crafts, Customers, and "Arts and Cream"

A and I had a play doh hour while LK napped one day.
the porch is not only my favorite haven at home but my favorite arts and crafts room with the little ones.
coloring among the chatter of the birds was also enjoyed while Lk napped.
One afternoon our neighborhood had a street party and the girls were so excited to see so many people in the cul de sac. No one counted how many kids were actually there and I certainly did not because I spent the majority of the party chasing a 2 year old. (I'd say at least 18 kids)

the variety of food and neighbors is hard to beat when it comes to a street party. I had been preping A all afternoon about the party and when it was time to finally go outside for it we made a pit stop to the potty before exiting the house and while we were in the bathroom, the doorbell rang. Annie looked at me as she was on the potty and said "Oh no, I think we have a customer!"
Where does she get these thoughts??? I told her we probably had a friend at the door and she said "oh I thought they were our customers".
Here is how LK looked the entire party: chasing the boys or the older kids around.
the girls love seeing Bella, the neighborhood cat. Bella got lots of attention at the street party and so did a few dogs attending. But the funniest part of the whole night was this:
I strapped Lk in the chair to eat an ice cream cone before their baths and went to the laundry room for a few minutes with their dirty clothes and this is how I found LK when I came back to the table!
I promise, with all our grandkids, I have never seen "ice cream cone art" done on the legs! It was most unusual that she was not woofing it down but instead making "ice cream art" on her little hot sweatty legs!

post signature

No comments: