Monday, May 10, 2010

do you see what I see?

I mentioned in an earlier post how pleased we have been with our new circle of rock around "Daddy's garden" and now that the knock out roses have bloomed it has brought bursts of color to the side of our yard! The day lillies are waiting to pop out their pretty heads soon!

I don't know when I last saw a bright yellow finch like this one but since I received a new digital camera this week, I was able to zoom in on him standing in my breakfast room! I could not have done that with my old camera so I am sure I will enjoy this new feature quite a bit.
I also enjoyed trying out the panoramic feature on this new camera.

This past week, I had 2 different visits from "my roots" and they all inched towards our porch and would have stayed there indefinetly had it not been for food!
Sadler was my first visitor and it tickled me that she was so happy to see a bright red cardinal. I see them all the time but since there are not as many trees in the Montgomery neighborhoods, I find that all the Montgomery visitors marvel at my cardinals.

Our 2nd visitors were my father and my sister, Barbs, and my brother in law, Tom.

They drove up to enjoy some grilled ribs with us on Sunday night and I again got so tickled over their excitement watching the cardinals as well as one of our many chipmunks running around.

the red headed woodpeckers were busy feeding at my feeders too and gave us a little porch entertainment.
Woody, here, comes everyday that I have one of these "birdcakes" out and he is used to me taking his picture.
I think his black and white coat is so attractive. Just think how many outfits have been fashioned and designed after this pretty patterned woodpecker!

Well, that is all for now in seeing what I see outside on these beautiful spring May days. Come on over and sit on the porch with me awhile if you need some interesting scenery and a good view of mother nature.

post signature

No comments: