Monday, May 31, 2010

Very Random thoughts here

Just some random blogging on this fine Memorial Day as my husband watches war movie after war movie on AMC channel(To Hell and Back is what is on right now as I type and I could write a few posts on that title alone as I am sure you all could too!). The rain and thunderstorms have been constant all weekend but it is brightening up a bit now and I know my friend, Jenny, will be so glad since she is hosting our Nicaragua Team Reunion meeting tonight and had high hopes of 25 of us being outside most of the time.

There were 5 little boys playing out in the sprinkling rain an hour ago in front of our house and it took me back to Allendale Road days in my own childhood. There is so much more to outdoor playing than inside. I believe God planned it that way and designed our world to be the best playground we could ever have. I commented to Jack that I thought green was God's favorite color and he disagreed and said it was blue! What do you think?

As I was cooking for our team dinner tonight and a church luncheon on Wednesday, I became thankful for several ingredients that I use often. I don't think cooking would be half as fun or easy or tasty without them and they are :
cream cheese
butter
mayonaise
cream of chicken or mushroom soups
cheddar cheese
and these

Ritz crackers! I love this new packaging of short fresh stacks, don't you?

The other random thing I love from a grocery store are these:
They are inexpensive and make such a warm welcome anywhere in a home and they keep for a week (if you keep them in some nice water)!

OK, since I am behaving so randomly, I think you might also enjoy reading this blogger's thoughts on "Really loving". She expresses it so very well. Take the 5 minutes to listen to the video clip too.
http://www.owlhaven.net/2010/05/31/really loving

Have a nice evening yall. I am off to taste my squash casserole with my Nicaragua Mission Team.

post signature

No comments: