Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Facebook or not?

Today my older sister called me and said "Well, I joined Facebook and you are the only sibling that is not on there!" My younger sister told me on Mother's Day that she too had recently joined. All the kids are on there and they are posting pictures of my grandchildren and neices and nephew's children that I don't get to see. I'm beginning to feel like I am missing out on some things now. Sort of a dilemma for me as this blog takes some time and a while back my 2 adult children sort of politely told me "it" was not for my generation and I had thus decided I had no business even thinking about joining Facebook.
To blog or to facebook, that is the question I face and will ponder the rest of this week. I welcome your advice and insight!

I leave you with this new picture I received for Mother's Day from Jessica. It is sharing pictures like this that make all this technology stuff well worth the time!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FACEBOOK!!!!! There is no question about it----you should do it!!! It only takes up as much time as you let it. Nothing like doing a BLOG. It's just a way for you to see what's going on with everyone else and you can add or not as much as you like. Penny

Penny Downes said...

FACEBOOK!!!!! There is no question about it----you should do it!!! It only takes up as much time as you let it. Nothing like doing a BLOG. It's just a way for you to see what's going on with everyone else and you can add or not as much as you like. Penny

Amy said...

Do both because your blog allows and shows your creativity; Facebook keeps you in touch with everyone else plus all their pictures. I so enjoy your blog!

Marcia said...

Do both. Beth signed me up on facebook so she could share her pictures with me. I do not spend much time on it; however, I have been contacted by high school classmates that I have not heard from in years and that has been fun. Technology, Web 2.0, and social networking is not limited to thirty year olds and younger. Many of my high school students have asked me to be friends, and I tell them only after they have graduate will I be their friend on facebook. Try it, if you don't like it you can always delete your account.