Sunday, October 17, 2010

Best Food

Today I thought about the best food I ever ate...must have been hungry :)
and if you are like me you associate places or people with those foods that tasted so wonderfully good. Here are the ones that top my list:

My Alabama grandmother's chicken salad - she used homemade mayonaise and squeezed lemon juice on the celery before she added it to the mixture

My mother's meatloaf and also her pimento cheese

My sister in law's Thanksgiving cornbread dressing (Susan Williams')

My Iowa Grandmother's dried beef chicken and rice dinner

My family maid's (Inez) fried chicken and gravy

My little sister's pecan pie

My big sister's carnival broccoli

My father's apple pie and also his from scratch barbeque sauce

Best baked potatoe I ever ate was in Indiana (we were traveling and I can still remember how it tasted-there has never been another one like it)

Best Popcorn I ever ate was at the movie theater in town seeing Ramona and Beezus this summer with the big girls

Best hamburger is the Angus one they serve at Amsterdam's

Best chocolate milkshake is Arby's

Best steak I ever ate was at Ruth Chris Steak House in Washington DC

Best whoopie pie I ever had was in Portland, Maine

Best cheese straws ever are Sadler's

...hmmm, some of these things are definetly not the healthiest of foods :)
What can I say? I like the good stuff!
So did I make you hungry?

post signature

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

so...just wondering if you have ever had the milkshakes at Chick-fil-a? Those are soo good to me