Friday, October 29, 2010

What a treat!

Benjamin came up with the idea this year to host a special Friday night Halloween party. We felt honored to be invited since we are most commonly known as "the Grandparents of the cul de sac". Of course the fact that I hand out lollipops on a regular basis may have something to do with it but nevertheless, we are thrilled to be a part of fun events around here!
He, on the right-his friend Raleigh on the left, specifically asked if I was going to dress up and I said "why, of course"! (and to myself I said now which costume shall I pull out of the dressup closet?)
it was a no brainer for me but now convincing you know who to participate among unknown visitors and neighbors was a big deal.
the twins, Jacob and Christian, dressed in honor of our military-one the Marines and the other the Army!
deerest Susan and her sister in law, Debbie, dressed as "cap and gown"!
Danny boy dressed as your average soccer ball :)
there was 3 legged races.
and there was bobbing for apples on a string.
and I think the most fun was had at the partner "mummy wrapping"!
some Auburn kids are experienced with the toilet paper rolling and some kids are now experienced with the toilet paper mummy wrapping!

who says big kids can't go to fun Halloween parties too?


It's true, I am a big kid but I am not married to one. So for him to participate in the neighbor's Halloween party tonight was a real TREAT for this Halloween week!

post signature

No comments: