Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"The Fair is in October"

How many times have I said that to my children while they were growing up or to myself when I felt life was not very fair? Well, the Fair is in October and IT IS OCTOBER, people!
We had the grandparenting joy of taking these little girls to the County Fair this past Friday night and it was certainly a memorable experience for Lolli as well as the girls! (I can't speak for Pops but I imagine he would give an Amen to it)

Some weeks I can hardly think of what to blog and then weeks like this one, I have a list going on in my head of a zillion things I want to blog.
the girls loved seeing all the lights and the excitement in the air. I think night time is the Best time to go to the Fair for sure! Annie is pointing to the Ferris Wheel that she sadly did not get to ride but she was a trooper about it. I was seriously afraid to take her on it or let Pops because I had just read where 7 people sat on one stuck at the top for 2 hours in Wisconsin. Just the thought of that scene taking place with me or one of my grands made me certain it was not the ride for us this night.
So we made up for it by allowing every kiddee ride they had plus the cotton candy too.
Lily Kate bless her heart did not smile for one picture because she was totally amazed and taking in the scenery around us. Trust me the child was having a good time :)
Only one kiddee ride looked a bit too much for her and she was content to be held by her Pops on this one. Annie was in hog heaven on everything and could have stayed there all night if we let her.


The highlight was particulary the kiddee Racing Car Ride. It was one that looked so innocent and so simple. It only had 8 cars and they went around a small oval track.
When we walked up on it initially, we had not seen it in action so everything looked to be so smooth. WRONG! Each end of the track twirled them in a complete 185°circle and then jerked the car back in a staight line motion. The first twirl took ALL of us (Pops and I watching from the sidelines) by complete surprise and I fully expected to hear screams and 2 year old protests of getting off. WRONG! Their faces were hysterical, partly in shock and partly amused at the fun of spinning. The next twirl , both girls were holding up a hand on their heads and laughing. And Lolli was snapping away pictures of them. WRONG! Lolli was sitting on the closest nearby bench laughing OUT OF CONTROL. There are only 2 times that Lolli does not take pictures. One would be when she is sleeping and two would be when she is wetting her pants!!! Enough said.

What a fun time we had until the end of the race car ride. Good thing it was the last ride on our path that night. We HAD to go home and take a bath :)

post signature

No comments: