Thursday, October 21, 2010

consignment sales

ok-I admit that I am a sucker for consignment sales, kid's especially. I will comb thru them pretty good and look for the deals. Recently, I worked at our big local sale and if you work so many hours you get to preview things and shop early. It's not easy work either but I meet interesting new people and learn a few things at these events. And when I find things like this top for $5.00,

I am convinced it was worth my time! Yes, it was a size 4 (I have two little size 4's in my life :)and it was missing the pants but the smocking and cuordory top were in excellent condition and I knew I could find some material to make some pants to go with it. I actually think these are the cutest smocked lollipops I have seen yet.
And I did find the exact turquoise gingham right here in town at my sewing store and sewed these pants up quickly this week.

And wah lah! Here's a cute new lollipop outfit for the size 4 girls to share!(And I hope another little one might wear it also in 4 years from now).

post signature


p.s. Have I ever told you how much I love being Lolli?

No comments: