Thursday, October 28, 2010

more orangey photos with thoughts on bonding


Tonight I am thinking about (and praying for) this little fellow here with his first ear infection and his pregnant mom sitting solo with him while my son travels far and wide over seas. I can only encourage her being a distance away but fully knowing the hardship as I raised 2 babies by myself with many an ear ache. It is not fun and I distinctly remember the agony of feeling rather helpless with managing their pain. Thankfully the antibiotics will give some relief soon and family and friends are nearby to helpout. He is one precious little guy and having orange hair gives him and me some serious bonding for life.

Annie was smitten with the pony ride on Saturday at the pumpkin patch and this will be one of my alltime favorite photos of us. Since we have spent many a day walking to see the neighborhood horses, I feel a special tie with her and the horses. I am indeed sad though at the moment because right now the horses are out in the country and we have yet to see them since last Spring. I look for them everyday on my walks. I have hope they are coming back to the neighborhood but if not, we will always have pumpkin patches, festivals, and somebody elses horses to visit nearby. Of course Annie told me that her favorite pumpkin patch thing was riding the pony. The girl is bonded to them with me and it all started on our strolls to see Tess.

Another bond I have with a certain orange headed little girl is with the curls. Goodness knows this girl and I have the same swirls and curls and if I dare say the same spirit! She and I need to spend a lot of time together in the nearby years because I fear for her life. No, seriously, I fear that she will be labeled with that TEMPER everyone loves to give us redheaded people. I would love to get face to face with the nimcumpoo who started that legacy and shake him up real good. I see blondes and brunettes and gray headed people with bad tempers all the time but no one says a word about their hair! Anyway, this girl and I will always be hooked with each other. I understand her. I feel for her. I love her. So far she is the only redheaded girl in her generation in our family.

And one last precious photo of the gals preparing to trick or treat. They got started at Lolli and Pops 2 weeks ago :)

post signature

No comments: