Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Orange Tuesday

When we took Annie and Lily Kate to the local plant nursery 2 weeks ago (while they were staying the weekend with us) so they could see a few of the animals wandering around, I had no idea Annie would be excited to see all the orange pumpkins. A few college students were painting them to sale for charities and they really sparked a flame within her to paint her own. (child after my own heart)
She could hardly wait for me to put Lily Kate down for her nap so she and I could have some painting time on the porch. The little shirts I usually have them wear while they paint were in a drawer in the room where LK was napping and I forgot to get it out of there. So I pulled out this apron I made years ago when Lauren and Sydney were this age and hoped she would not get paint on her AU cheerleader dress.

She was very careful because she too is an AU fan and would not want Aubie to find her outfit all messed up. She painted the whole thing all by herself and later told her mama that it was her favorite part of the weekend (even including the Fair rides and the animals we petted).
We went from painting to playdoh masks (orange made from mixing pink and yellow) and then to popsicles that afternoon. Thank you Lord, for my porch!
Lily Kate was so happy when she woke up to have an orange popsicle and get in on the playdoh fun. (She has no idea she missed out on the painting and that is a good thing)
(close up of that pretty dark orange hair) more often known as an AUBURN color but let's call it orange for sake of this post!


Lily Kate says "now,orange yall glad you came back today to see all these lovely orange photos of Lolli's?"

post signature

there will be more orange photos from this month tomorrow!

No comments: