Friday, October 29, 2010

Orange you glad it is Friday?

Today my deerest neighbor and her West Virginia sister in law and I went to the Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest at the AU School of Architecture. It is one of my favorite things to do each year and today did not dissapoint.


the students work hard all day to win this contest and throw a big party beginning at 6:00 pm by lighting the pumpkins for all to see and anyone can come. There is loads of games for kids and all the festive pumpkin party trimmings. We did not attend the party (you will see why later) but really enjoyed watching the students in action. The air was crisp, the sky was blue, and the mood was just right.



if you look closely here, you will see a carved wolf.
there was hundreds of various carvings to admire.

So, have you guessed so far, which one was my favorite pumpkin carving?
yes! I loved the Cinderella one. I hope she wins.

post signature

No comments: