Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Orange Wednesday


Today is recycle day and I always enjoy my new plastic cap top finds/deliveries on Wednesdays. I sorted thru a few bags that I already have and have started grouping them in colors. Guess what color I enjoyed sorting thru for today? Right!

I took the bag outside trying to come up with a creative place to photograph them and right by my St. Francis of Assisi statue is where I landed. It gives me a reason to mention here, that I had a nice time digging up my daddy's day lilies last week and then planting them in my circle garden. I am quite sure some of them will be ORANGE when they bloom! But more importantly, I had a very interesting talk with my Father this week after my week of day lilies. And I am talking about both my earthly father and my Heavenly Father. Sunday's sermon at church was on how we view God. Something caught my undivided attention when the statement was made that it is good to say "Father" when we address God. I thought about how I feel when I can call on Daddy and he is there for me. (there have been times when he has not been there for me too so the contrast was good for me to visualize) I thought about how when we were digging up those lilies and I asked Daddy was he sure he wanted me to take all of them. His response was "Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see these blooming in your yard later on". Oh, do you hear what was about to be a "God thing" to me!
After church, I came home and looked at the freshly planted lilies in our garden and realized that my Heavenly Father wants nothing more than to see my blooms later on, even though a few plants are just now getting rooted in me. It may be hard work getting rooted but He is always there waiting to watch me bloom.

post signature

No comments: