Friday, July 10, 2009

Annie's day

If you say Annie "that is one foot there in their new neighborhood pool", she immediately put one foot on the tile. A very literal child, this girl is. If you say '"come on Tinkerbell", she says "I not Tinkerbell, I Annie". If you say come on my sweet pea, she says, "no Lolli, I am Annie, I not sweet pea".


Wednesday was Annie's day with Lolli while Lily Kate had another surgery for her poor little infected ears. She came out fine from the surgery and did real well this time.
Annie and Lolli went swimming and we went by to visit dear friend Marcia in Ross Bridge area. Marcia just lost her mom to ALzheimers. So we had a nice visit considering the circumstances.

Losing your mother is such a huge emotional break in your spirit for a while. One just has to go on automatic pilot to walk through each day until you start functioning like your old self again. If you listened to my post about the deathisnotdying girl who spoke so candidly about her own dying process you will hopefully be encouraged when reflecting on your own future death or someone close to you as Marcia has this week. My mother died about this time 5 years ago and I especially miss her seeing my grandbabies and how much she would have loved their personalities, that one has the Cobb name and one has my red hair and knowing how much Lee will adore his own son as we all adored him as a baby. I miss that she does not know Regan or any of the family members who joined us since July 2004. Family get togethers seem to be missing a link and it is my mother.
So, of my fav pics taken in BHam this week of the personality I know my mother would have sworn is identical to some other girls in our family( in this direct lineage of Annie Cobb :) ....I also know Lily Kate is still up for debate! No pics of her during surgery days but there is a special video coming in next post to display one side of Miss little Lily of the Valley's personality that no one has seen yet. Get ready to hold your ears!

and here is a pic at home that is neat during one of our rainy days of a stretched out summer creature on our deck screen.


post signature

No comments: