Friday, July 24, 2009

No Coincidence

It is no coincidence that God would bless me with granddaughters who love crafts and themes and creating fun stuff to remind them of all the fun we had together.

It is no coincidence that Sydney drew a heart on her pillowcase without knowing exactly what hearts mean to me this summer.

It is no coincidence that I would find lollipop earrings that both girls liked at Christmas time and that they wore them everyday they were here and without me suggesting it. (That thrilled my heart)
It is no coincidence that both girls love to scrapbook and that I have lots of scraps saved from over the last 12 years for them to use.
It is no coincidence that both girls love painting Luau things and that they are just as excited as I am about the annual Luau.

It is no coincidence that these are girls after my own heart and they both brought cameras with them and took pictures of their own.
and they love lollipops too :) :) :) :) :) :)



It is no coincidence that both girls are related by blood to this man and by God's divine plan for my life, they are now related to me.

Everything you have read on my blog is no coincidence. It is all part of who I am and how God is working in my life. I believe God has blessed me with the time and the energy and good health and the relationships and the resources to do all these things with the children in my family and the children on my mission trips. I take none of it for granted. Everything is a gift from the Lord.
I am constantly amazed how spending time with a child can remind you of His gifts to us in such different ways. I am one blessed Lolli!


post signature

2 comments:

Marcia said...

And I am blessed to have you for a very dear friend!!
love you!

Penny Downes said...

It's no surprise that I have tears in my eyes after reading this!!! Love you!! Thanks for making this part of their life SO special......and just so you know, I did not even know that Sydney had her earrings with her--I have to remind her to even wear earrings at all!!