Monday, July 13, 2009

Knox's Baby Shower

On Saturday we celebrated the upcoming birth of my grandson, Knox, by showering his mother with baby gifts. Regan is about 2 weeks away from delivery and she is sporting the pregnant look so cute. Family and friends came to join us and it was a joyous occasion at my sister, Barbara's home. Barbs and my niece, Jennifer, created a blue, brown and green baby theme (color of Knox's nursery)and the food was especially tasty and beautifully displayed. Jennifer made a diaper wreath that was really cute and they had a message board where each one of us put down a word of advice for the new mother. I think patience was the most common advice given. All mothers would agree that virtue is needed 24/7 especially with a newborn. Thank you Barbs and Jen for such a fun day.




I don't know how to make a slide show of all my pictures so you will just have to bear with me as I blog all these. So sorry for those of you who came and I did not get your picture. However, it is dearly noted that you came to celebrate with us :)


Jennifer, Regan, and Barbs

Regan with her sister in law, mother and sister
cute pics of Regan and Jessica


my sister in law, Gaynell (Jack's sister) and my daugher in law, Penny (Jeff's wife)
my childhood friend and "Potlucker", Nancy

sister in law, Susan


Barbs, Tom, and sister in law, Penny Williams, helping with punch

Lee did not stay for the party but did make an appearance and I was glad to see a glimpse of him :) I had been working on several gifts for the shower for the past 2 months. I made 2 new boy daygowns and I saved most all of Lee's smocked outfits I made in the 1980's and his bubbles and Jon Jons. It was fun washing them and ironing and getting them ready for Regan to have and it walked me down memory lane quite a bit. I also scrapbooked an album for Lee & Regan of Lee's childhood and what a great time I had remembering his baby days and all. (So, all you young moms, it is totally worth it to save them all!) I ended up getting the best gift of all from seeing the delight and appreciation in Regan's face as she opened these sentimental things that I have treasured for so long.




post signature

No comments: