Friday, July 24, 2009

Beanie Baby Fun

Being a planner, I had the whole visit mapped out for the kids. I did not have beanie baby fun on my agenda but it ended up being a big part of our fun! (I'm making mental notes for next year)I had no idea that Susan was going to invite them over and give them beanie baby treats and I had no idea that the girls themselves would bring several of their own from home. The only thing I did was find these two adorable costumes for the beanie babies to give as prizes for our mexican dominoe games but I figured they would use them for barbie dolls.
And I had no idea that one would highly prefer the duck one and the other the pig costume! They were as happy as could be with these prizes.

A funny little side note for my blog readers --- we went to CVS and the pharmacist offered the girls a lollipop. Both girls had on their lollipop earrings so I pointed that out to him and I had to tell him about me being Lolli and about Pops and how I looked for lollipop things all the time. The Pharmacist then told us that his 2 grandfathers' names were Daddy Duck and Daddy Pig.
Can you believe that!!!!!??? Both his grandfathers last names had the words duck and pig in them. What a funny world we live in.

One day when we went to the pool, Sydney brought her beanie baby, put him in the carseat and left her glasses with him. I thought it was pretty cute:)

I was even more surprised to find all the beanie babies asleep in the real baby crib one night when I went back to tell the girls good night!
I guess it is the right moment to tell you mexican dominoe players that yes, I got beat again by a Downes grandchild! Lauren beat us bad and her score even beat Corey's score. And I got my mexican dominoe fix taken care of for a while now!



post signature

1 comment:

Penny Downes said...

Just wanted to let you know--my mother had a whole bag of beanie babies--about 50-60--and Sydney remembered that we had them. She begged Jeff to find that bag today. He was in the attic (hot) for @ 45 minutes and did not find them--then went outside to the storage room and they were right there on the shelf. The funny part is that Harrison told him yesterday that they were in the storage room.